Kids Activities at Brimfield PLD
(RR) = Registration Required (NR) = No Registration Required
Register for programs at the Kid's Circulation Desk or by contacting Katie: 309-446-9575 or email@example.com
Book Babies Class (NR)
Tuesdays from 10:00 to 10:30 begining September 5th
Book Babies is designed to help your child develop their early literacy, motor, and social skills. Come enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and playtime with your 0-3 year old.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (RR)
At your own pace
Reading with your child is not only a great way to help your child develop important literacy skills, but is also a wonderful way to bond and create memories with your child. Enroll in this fun, low-stress program and start reaping the benefits of reading together today.
How to Participate
- Pick up a packet with information and a reading log for books 1-100, or download and use the free 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten app on your smartphone.
- Start keeping track of the books you read with your child. Does your child want to hear the same book again and again? It counts every time you read it! The books your child reads with grandparents, siblings, babysitters, or at story times also count.
- Bring your completed log or app to the kid's circulation desk and get a sticker for each 100 books. Pick up a new log. Repeat.
- Once you have read 500 books, bring your log to the kid's circulation desk and receive a sticker, a new log, and a special prize.
- Once you have read 1,000 books, bring your completed log to the kid's circulation desk and receive a sticker, a certificate of completion, and a free book.
Stories & STEAM (RR)
Monday, November 20 4:00-5:00 - The Giant Turnip
Monday, December 4 4:00-5:00 - The Gingerbread Man
Read a classic fairy tale or fable and then explore related STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) concepts through hands-on projects.
WeDo Robotics Club (RR)
November 1, December 6 from 3:30-4:30
November 15, December 20 from 3:30-4:30
Explore beginning engineering and programming concepts using LEGO's WeDo 2.0 robotics kits.
Project Next Generation:
Imagine, Innovate, Inspire (RR)
Interested in Robotics, Videography, Photography, 3D Printing, and other STEAM related topics? Find out more about upcoming workshops and maker events here.
Family Movie Night (NR)
Thursday, November 16 5:15-7:00 - Cars 3
Thursday, December 21 5:15-7:00 - Despicable Me 3
Bring your sleeping bag, blankets, and pillows to the library and enjoy a variety of snacks while you watch a movie in our Activity Room. All ages welcome; children under 8 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Thank you to Princeville State Bank for sponsoring Family Movie Night.
LEGO Club (NR)
Monday, November 27 6:00-7:00 - Sports and Games
Monday, December 18 6:00-7:00 - The Best Gift Ever
Join us every month for an hour of creative construction. Build something inspired by our monthly theme or come up with a freestyle project. No registration necessary. Children under 6 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Math Games Club (NR)
Third Tuesdays from 2:00 to 3:00
(No MGC in December and May)
Join other homeschoolers who want to make math fun! Using the RightStart Math curriculum games, we'll play four to six different math games covering grades K-8 each time we meet.
For more about RightStart Math check out their website: http://rightstartmath.com
We have the 2017 Newbery and Caldecott Award Winners!
Trick-or-Treat at the Library (NR)
Tuesday, October 31
All ages* are invited to stop by the library anytime between 3:30 and 7:00 for crafts, games, and treats. Costumes are welcome, but not necessary. *Children under eight must be accompanied by an adult.
Beanie Baby Bingo (NR)
Grades Pre-K - 6
Thursday, November 30 4:00-5:00
Come play BINGO and win Beanie Babies. Everyone who comes will leave with at least one Beanie Baby. Children in Preschool must be accompanied by an older child or adult who can help them identify their BINGO numbers.