Kids Activities at Brimfield PLD
(RR) = Registration Required (NR) = No Registration Required
Register for programs at the Kid's Circulation Desk or by contacting Katie: 309-446-9575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Reading Registration
Thursday, May 4 10:00-7:00
Come to the kickoff event for our 2017 Summer Reading Program: Reading by Design, register for one of two tracks, pick up a goody bag, create yarn and perler bead art, and enter for the chance to win fun prizes. For more information about this year's Summer Reading Program, click here.
Can't make the kickoff? Registration will continue through June 2nd. Call 309-446-9575, email Katie at email@example.com, or sign up at the library.
Book Babies Class (NR)
Tuesdays from 10:00 to 10:30
Book Babies is designed to help your child develop their early literacy, motor, and social skills. Come enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and playtime with your 0-3 year old.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (RR)
At your own pace
Reading with your child is not only a great way to help your child develop important literacy skills, but is also a wonderful way to bond and create memories with your child. Enroll in this fun, low-stress program and start reaping the benefits of reading together today.
How to Participate
- Pick up a packet with information and a reading log for books 1-100, or download and use the free 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten app on your smartphone.
- Start keeping track of the books you read with your child. Does your child want to hear the same book again and again? It counts every time you read it! The books your child reads with grandparents, siblings, babysitters, or at story times also count.
- Bring your completed log to the kid's circulation desk and get a sticker and a log for the next 100 books. Repeat.
- Once you have read 500 books, bring your log to the kid's circulation desk and receive a sticker, a new log, and a special prize.
- Once you have read 1,000 books, bring your completed log to the kid's circulation desk and receive a a sticker, a certificate of completion, and an invitation to the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten graduation party. Your child's picture will also be added to the Reading Stars Wall of Fame.
After School Art: Apprentices (RR)
Grades Pre-K - 2
Wednesday, May 3 - Line Sculptures
Come to the library once a month anytime between 3:00 and 5:00 to create projects that explore the elements of art. Projects will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Children in Preschool and Kindergarten must be accompanied by
After School Art: Journeymen (RR)
Grades 3 - 6
Wednesday, May 10 - Georgia O'Keeffe Giant Nature Paintings
Come to the library once a month anytime between 3:00 and 5:00 to create projects inspired by famous artists or art movements. Projects will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
Wonder Kids' Club (RR)
Grades Pre-K - 2
Monday, May 8 from 3:30 to 4:30 - Water Experiments
Explore STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts through stories and hands-on projects.
Young Makers' Club (RR)
Grades 3 - 6
Monday, May 15 from 3:30 to 4:30 - Boat Science
Calling all dreamers, inventors, artists, investigators, creators, tinkerers, question askers, and builders. Come to the library once a month to do fun, hands-on, STEM-inspired projects.
Photography Workshops (RR)
Thanks to a Project Next Generation Grant from the Illinois State Library, the Brimfield Public Library was able to purchase six Canon Rebel t5i cameras, studio lighting and backgrounds, laptops, and eight Photoshop licenses. The library is partnering with local photographers to offer a variety of photography workshops every month. Find out more about specific workshops here.
Bring your sleeping bag, blankets, and pillows to the library and enjoy a variety of snacks while you watch a movie in our Activity Room. All ages welcome; children under 8 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Thank you to Princeville State Bank for sponsoring Family Movie Night.
LEGO Club (NR)
Join us every month for an hour of creative construction. Build something inspired by our monthly theme or come up with a freestyle project. No registration necessary. Children under 6 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
April 24 from 6:00 to 7:00 - Weather
May 22 from 6:00 to 7:00 - Bugs
Math Games Club (NR)
Third Tuesdays from 2:00 to 3:00
Join other homeschoolers who want to make math fun! Using the RightStart Math curriculum games, we'll play four to six different math games covering grades K-8 each time we meet.
For more about RightStart Math check out their website: http://rightstartmath.com
Homework and Research