Kids Activities at Brimfield PLD
(RR) = Registration Required (NR) = No Registration Required
Register for programs at the Kid's Circulation Desk or by contacting Katie: 309-446-9575 or email@example.com
For more information about the Summer Reading Program, click here.
FIRST Robotics Survey
The library is starting two FIRST robotics teams in the fall, a FIRST LEGO League team for students in grades 4-8, and a FIRST Tech Challenge team for students in grades 7-12. Interested in joining a team? Fill out this survey, so that we can communicate with you about upcoming team meetings.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (RR)
At your own pace
Reading with your child is not only a great way to help your child develop important literacy skills, but is also a wonderful way to bond and create memories with your child. Enroll in this fun, low-stress program and start reaping the benefits of reading together today.
How to Participate
- Pick up a packet with information and a reading log for books 1-100, or download and use the free 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten app on your smartphone.
- Start keeping track of the books you read with your child. Does your child want to hear the same book again and again? It counts every time you read it! The books your child reads with grandparents, siblings, babysitters, or at story times also count.
- Bring your completed log to the kid's circulation desk and get a sticker and a log for the next 100 books. Repeat.
- Once you have read 500 books, bring your log to the kid's circulation desk and receive a sticker, a new log, and a special prize.
- Once you have read 1,000 books, bring your completed log to the kid's circulation desk and receive a a sticker, a certificate of completion, and a free book.
Photography Workshops (RR)
Thanks to a Project Next Generation Grant from the Illinois State Library, the Brimfield Public Library was able to purchase six Canon Rebel t5i cameras, studio lighting and backgrounds, laptops, and eight Photoshop licenses. The library is partnering with local photographers to offer a variety of photography workshops every month. Find out more about specific workshops here.
Bring your sleeping bag, blankets, and pillows to the library and enjoy a variety of snacks while you watch a movie in our Activity Room. All ages welcome; children under 8 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Thank you to Princeville State Bank for sponsoring Family Movie Night.
LEGO Club (NR)
Monday, June 26 6:00-7:00
Monday, July 24 6:00-7:00
Monday, August 28 6:00-7:00
Join us every month for an hour of creative construction. Build something inspired by our monthly theme or come up with a freestyle project. No registration necessary. Children under 6 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Homework and Research